Art pen right click when i try to draw on my Cintiq

Wacom One, Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Yalorion

Art pen right click when i try to draw on my Cintiq

Postby Yalorion » Wed 9. Mar 2022, 18:20

Hi,

I just received a new art pen (KP-701E-01) to work with my 22HD touch (since the original pen is dying). But when i try to draw with it, if i tilt the pen, it right click.
I already unchecked the windows option for right click on hold, so the bug don't come from that.
But what is weird is that it right click only when the pen is tilted. If the pen is perpendicular with the screen, it work normaly.
Any idea of where this bug is coming from ?

Thanks.

wacom5

Re: Art pen right click when i try to draw on my Cintiq

Postby wacom5 » Thu 10. Mar 2022, 07:46

That is very strange. Tilt is a unique value that only certain apps will be able to read. This value doesn't interfere with the value provided by pen modifier keys.

Can you please check on the driver diagnostics (Wacom Desktop Center > Support > Diagnostic data) to see what the hardware input looks like and contact our support team for further troubleshooting?
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

Yalorion

Postby Yalorion » Thu 10. Mar 2022, 13:06

Thanks, i created a ticket for the support team.

In the diagnostic data window when i tilt the pen while touching the cintiq the "buttons" section is "1, 3" . So it right click and left click at the same time because i configurated the third button to be a a right click. I tried to change it to "click" so both 1 and 3 are just left click, but it still mess up the functioning and stop drawing properly in photoshop.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Fri 11. Mar 2022, 07:23

I see. It looks as if the upper side switch of the pen is stuck. This is a hardware issue with the pen and it will probably need to be replaced. The Support team should advise you further. Feel free to share the link to this thread.
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

Return to “Pen Displays”