Cintiq 27HD connection to 16" MacBookPro

Wacom One, Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
littleredplane

Connecting to MacBook Pro

Postby littleredplane » Thu 26. May 2022, 07:43

Hi there. I'm sure this is an old one. I've got a Cintiq 27HD currently plugged into my 2009 MacBook Pro via the Firewire800 port..which works fine. Obvs that Mac has about had it and I'm about to buy a 16inch MacBook Pro (latest model). I've heard reports that the 27HD won't connect? If it will, what is the best way of doing this? If it means two adaptors does that channel too much heat through two? Any help gratefully received as I don't want to shell out on a Mac if it is not going to work with the Cintiq.
many thanks.

littleredplane

Cintiq 27HD connection to 16" MacBookPro

Postby littleredplane » Thu 26. May 2022, 16:56

This might be an obvious one but I just want to check. I've been running my Cintiq with a 2009 MacBook Pro perfectly for three years but my Mac is almost done for now. I'm getting a 16" MacBook Pro, obvs with no Firewire 800! I've had someone at Apple tell me I can't connect...seems odd...surely I can just get a display port to USB-C adaptor. Can anyone advise or help with this? I've also heard of probs with Monterrey but am assured by Wacom that the drivers are compatible. Any thoughts would be hugely welcome, I'll have to get a new Mac whatever but it is crucial that it connects to and works with my Cintiq. thanks!

wacom5

Re: Connecting to MacBook Pro

Postby wacom5 » Fri 27. May 2022, 06:31

Hi,
It will connect with the right adapter. The Cintiq 27 QHD has native HDMI and DisplayPort support. Modern MacBook Pros Only have USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) ports so you will need to find an adapter that will allow you to connect this.
The most recent Wacom driver will work on Monterrey and supports the Cintiq 27QHD.
The only thing we are no longer able to support is the Wacom Color Manager with the Cintiq 27QHD.
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

Return to “Pen Displays”