Macbook (OS Monterey) and Cintiq 22HD not connecting

Wacom One, Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
Berlinbiz

Macbook (OS Monterey) and Cintiq 22HD not connecting

Postby Berlinbiz » Thu 3. Feb 2022, 14:46

I have been in touch with the WACOM support team for the past days and they couldn't solve this tricky issue.
My Wacom Cintiq 22HD (Model 2020) and my macbook pro (OS X Monterey) suddenly stopped working. The cintiq display is connecting and working but the Wacom Desktop Centre and System Preferences suggest that "no device is connected". I plugged the cintiq into an older Macbook using the same driver 63.44-2 and it works just fine. I also have an older cintiq 13 tablet and it plugs into the macbook and the driver detects the cintiq. But when I plug in the 22HD it says no connection. So in other words: The Cintiq 22 and the cables work fine.The driver is installed correctly on my macbook since the smaller cintiq runs on it fine. Just the 22 Cintiq is causing problems with my new macbook (suddenly) This is tricky. Appreciate your thoughts.
Thank you.

wacom5

Re: Macbook (OS Monterey) and Cintiq 22HD not connecting

Postby wacom5 » Fri 4. Feb 2022, 14:01

Hi,
Could you please let me know what the ticket number is?
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

Berlinbiz

Postby Berlinbiz » Fri 4. Feb 2022, 14:45

Hi the ticket is: 1132262
Thanks

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Mon 7. Feb 2022, 09:03

Thanks.
It seems that you are using an adapter to connect the Cintiq to the MacBook. Do you have another adapter you can use to cross check? We know that the Cintiq and the Cintiq USB cable are working fine so that would point to an issue with the cable.

If the issue persists, please try the steps suggested here: https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/articles/4421548555671-Troubleshooting-the-Wacom-driver-on-Mac-Video-Series

If the issues persist, please check with the support team again. We will need to collect more details and to further troubleshoot the issue.
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

Berlinbiz

Postby Berlinbiz » Mon 7. Feb 2022, 12:07

Hello, thanks for your reply. I first bought two new (powered) adaptors for the USB and HMDI cables and the problem still persisted. Although it worked fine for the past 2 years I then realised that the problem was not with the HDMI but with the USB connection. So I replaced the original Wacom USB-A cable with a USB-C / USB-B connection which I could plug in directly to the macbook and it works! So for some reason the macbook didn't accept the adaptors anymore and I had to plug in directly.
Thanks for your help!

Return to “Pen Displays”