Intuos Pro turns off

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
GushingDizzy

Intuos Pro turns off

Postby GushingDizzy » Fri 7. Jan 2022, 16:38

My new Intuos Pro tablet keeps turning itself off if I don't use it for several minutes. I do expect this when it's using BlueTooth, but this is happening when it's plugged. And often when I turn it back on (or plug it back in if it was on BlueTooth) it isn't recognized as a Wacom tablet, just as a generic pointing device.

wacom5

Re: Intuos Pro turns off

Postby wacom5 » Tue 11. Jan 2022, 07:45

Hello,
Sounds like a connection issue. try a different cable / USB port.
Need immediate help? Contact our Support: https://support.wacom.com

GushingDizzy

Postby GushingDizzy » Mon 14. Feb 2022, 14:34

This definitely isn't a connection issue, because the tablet charges when it's plugged in. I've tried different cables, and the same thing happens. And it seems that I can turn it back on successfully three times, but the fourth time the Wacom driver won't recognize it, forcing me to reboot my computer to get it working again.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Tue 15. Feb 2022, 08:24

Power and data are transferred through different wires inside the cable. Just because you get power, doesn't mean there is no connection issue and the the data is being properly transmitted.
There might also be an issue with the OS or the USB ports in your computer. Are you using Mac or Windows? Have you installed all the latest updates?
If using Windows please check the Device Manage when the issue happens to see if Windows is showing something abnormal with the USB driver.

harumscarum

Postby harumscarum » Fri 8. Apr 2022, 14:15

Problem is faulty drivers and Wacom support who ignored my numerous reports regarding this issue which I was having both with BT and USB connection on different PCs (Win10 and Win11)

Please downgrade to the 6.3.41-1 driver and this will solve the problem

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Mon 11. Apr 2022, 07:52

harumscarum wrote:Problem is faulty drivers and Wacom support who ignored my numerous reports regarding this issue which I was having both with BT and USB connection on different PCs (Win10 and Win11)

Please downgrade to the 6.3.41-1 driver and this will solve the problem

Hello, sorry to hear you're having issues with the driver but this advice is not adequate to the problem GushingDizzy is explaining. I do understand your concerns and seems we have not finished answering you so I have answered your original thread here: http://www.forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5090&p=12441#p12441

harumscarum

Postby harumscarum » Mon 11. Apr 2022, 08:18

it is adequate - I have same problem with ALL drivers released after 6.3.41-1 - tablet turns off after period of inactivity or sleep mode and only service restart helps
we should wait to topicstarter to confirm if driver downgrade helps

GushingDizzy

Postby GushingDizzy » Thu 14. Apr 2022, 20:21

harumscarum wrote:it is adequate - I have same problem with ALL drivers released after 6.3.41-1 - tablet turns off after period of inactivity or sleep mode and only service restart helps we should wait to topicstarter to confirm if driver downgrade helps

Thanks for the heads-up on which drivers solved the problem for you. I reverted to 6.3.39-1 and so far it seems to be working for me!

harumscarum

Postby harumscarum » Sat 16. Apr 2022, 21:04

Glad it worked for you
And this is another example how Wacom treat their users when you have to localize and solve problem yourself, while they release buggy drivers without fixing anything we pointed to

Return to “Pen Tablets”